Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dancing Queen

I've always suspected that I have two left feet, and now it is confirmed. We had our first ballroom dancing class today and it was a blast. I may never float across the dance floor, but I'm okay with lurching and tripping.

Two Left Feet: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEwTrvILxlg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyEwTrvILxlg

The class teaches "social ballroom" - the kind that you can use at a wedding reception or other such event. We "learnt" the rumba today - I say learnt in quotes as I'm pretty sure I won't remember it at all by tomorrow (I'll be bringing my camera for the next class). There are just 5 couples in the class which made for a friendly atmosphere - we were all beginners.

They host a dance at the community center ever other Saturday - for $7 a couple we can practice in a dance setting, and get a chance to meet new people. I'm really excited to know a dance or two so that we can go!

It was fun and I'm really glad that I signed us up. Yes, even Carm had a good time. We laughed together and at each other, concentrated on getting our footwork right, it was a good thing.


Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.

Voltaire

No comments: