Thursday, September 5, 2013

Laugh at the Sky

There's no doubt about it - fall is here and summer is over. I had hoped for a last hurrah for when we got home, another week of hot weather, but no such luck. Of course we may still get an Indian Summer (and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it comes when we are out on our next camping trip!).

Today was cool but sunny - the perfect day to get out to the camper to give it a good vacuum and get the hardwood floors "rejuvenated". And let's not forget the truck. I expected it to be dirty - after all 10,000 km with 3 dogs and 2 people was sure to pick up some dirt - but it wasn't as bad as I thought. It still took a good hour to vacuum and scrub everything. The dog blankets are in the laundry and then it will be fresh and clean again.

I love these early fall days with the air slightly crisp, but the sun still strong enough to warm. The trees and plants have just started to turn, but are still mostly green. The fall flowers (weeds) are in bloom, brightening the fields with their yellow and purple hues.

To make the day even nicer, my friend Christina dropped by for a visit. We caught up over a cup of tea (I had no cookies to offer her).

Supper tonight was a bit of an experiment. I had seen a recipe somewhere for a salad with watermelon, feta, and I think basil, and since we have a giant watermelon in the fridge I thought I'd wing it. I had no basil so added pesto, and also added a can of black beans for substance. It was surprisingly good and would be a lovely meal for a hot summer day. I'll have to remember for next summer.


When you realize
how perfect everything is you
will tilt your head back
and laugh at the sky.

Buddha

1 comment:

Merikay said...

Keep the sunshine in your face and be happy.