Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Back, break, 1 an 2 an 3 an 4

After a long walk in the park (where I took all the tree photos in this post), I sat outside reading and watching the ships float by. With the sky reflected so clearly in the calm waters they looked like they were floating on air.

DSCN3998

DSCN4003

The sun shining into the camper yesterday woke up all the Japanese beetles (they look like lady bugs but bite!). We captured/vacuumed up over 170 of the little orange invaders. We had an infestation! Thank goodness they weren't spiders or ticks - I would have been totally creeped out at that!

DSCN4006

DSCN4008

Last night at dance class we learned the Triple Swing. It is a complicated series of steps that one of us couldn't get right. It seems that Carm had put his two left feet shoes on... It was fun none the less with lots of laughs. I love this class!

As the instructor was showing us the steps I couldn't help but remember Monty Python's skit, "The Ministry of Silly Walks", cause surely that's what our teacher was showing us. I wasn't able to keep a straight face, but at least I didn't burst out laughing. This dancing stuff is pretty funny if you look at it the right (wrong?) way!

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~ George Eliot

No comments: