Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Habitual Nourishment - Green Smoothies

A good start to the day that leaves me feeling energized!

Yesterday:image

Today:image

The blender had trouble with today’s smoothie, too many big chunks. I’ll have to do some more chopping tomorrow!

DSCN4099

Note that these are not flavour sensations… they don’t taste horrible, but they aren’t milkshakes either, but knowing that they are so nutritious I never have difficulty drinking them.

Also, frozen blueberries are a good addition, but unfortunately turn the smoothie into a gross brownish colour. So I save my blueberries for something else! In fact, today I’m going to try making “icecream” with blueberries, chia seeds, and almond milk. I’ll let you know tomorrow how it worked out.

 

Maybe we need to re-engage our smart, energetic youth around the world to be farmers and find fresh, green technologies that will feed the world more fresh greens.  ~ Ellen Gustafson

No comments: