Saturday, October 26, 2013

Home is where the Head Rests

It may have been dark and rainy today, but I was in the mood to clean up and throw out! I tackled under the kitchen sink on the island, and our bathroom cupboards. It felt good to get rid of all those old, almost empty bottles of cleaners and lotions. I hope the mood continues into tomorrow!

Aside from that there hasn't been much going on. We had friends over on Thursday night; Ruth came and picked up Cato and Bailey on Friday (we miss their cheerful chatter); we picked up the truck from the service garage; and I've done lots of cooking (all ETL). I wanted to pick some of the apples off our trees today, but with the wind blowing a gale, and intermittent rain, we just didn't get out there. Perhaps tomorrow. I even pick some of the wormy ones as I toss those into Grace's cage for her to tear apart.

Does anyone else watch Dr. Who? Space channel is having a review of all 11 from the past. Strange.

Blah.

When I was looking for todays quote, this one by Laura Ingalls Wilder caught my attention. Home is a word dense with meaning. For me, home is either here at the house, or when we are camping, the trailer/villetta/camper. So when we are out and I say something about "when we get home", it means something different depending on where we'll go to sleep that night.

It caught my mind also because of the Dr. Who connection - the Tardis, his home that is smaller on the outside than the inside, is sort of like our villetta. You may recall that we thought that we'd call the camper Tardis II.

Home is the nicest word there is. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

1 comment:

Terri's Pal said...

So, do you call your home on wheels "Tardis"? Love that idea. Dark skies and rain meant I didn't feel like doing anything at all except snuggle in bed with Terri & Flower and read, nap, read. I'm annoyed that I didn't spend time at the library to pick out more books (2 is NOT enough!). Email me some of your ambition, please.