Thursday, October 24, 2013

Two Can Almost Tango

We learnt the basic steps to the Tango on Tuesday night – it was fun and we were able to catch on to the steps quickly, despite my serious case of brain fog. We didn’t even step on each others feet all the time (just a bit). At the beginning of the class we reviewed the samba, and I’ll be honest, I just can’t seem to get the step right. It has to be done with bent knees, and there is this little flex movement that feels awkward. More practice required!

Yesterday… we did the first steps of putting the camper to bed – boo hoo. Everything that can freeze has been brought into the house. Plus, I went through the cupboards that I can’t get to when the slides are closed to make sure to get anything out that I might want later. And I removed everything that might attract mice.

We blew out the water lines yesterday, and today we ran some rv anti-freeze (non-toxic) through the lines. There are also a few holes that I stuffed with steel wool to hopefully block ingress by mice.

Our visitors are doing well, although they are probably missing the hands on attention they are used to getting. With all the running around yesterday, and then running off to my parent’s for supper (where we met up with Uncle Ken and his son Jeff with his family), they barely got out of their cages. Grace is used to that sort of neglect.

 

DSCN4104

Cato and Bailey are pretty darn cute little avians with charming personalities. Carm likes them because they don’t attack him like Grace does!

DSCN4115

 

The sincere friends of this world are as ship lights in the stormiest of nights. ~ Giotto di Bondone

No comments: