Friday, November 15, 2013

A Feast for the Eyes (just learnin’)

George the Giraffe has become a favourite resting spot in our house. There is no actual fighting, but there is a race to see who lays claim first! I'm not sure how long he will last with all the big dog usage; luckily Spike is the only one who kills it every now and again. It's really quite funny to see him wrestling this giant toy!

DSCN4222

 

I read some stuff about photographing food somewhere on the internet. I'd love to take more photos of the dishes that I make, but frankly they don't turn out very appealing. With the tips I learned from the article, I gathered some things to set the scene. First was a trip out to the back of the barn for some scraps of barn board. I scored a few, but will have to take another look later. One of them is pretty scuzzie so it is in the sun to dry off a bit. I don't want to pressure wash it as all the "character" would be lost. I brought the other 2 into the house and started photographing the pumpkins that I'm cutting up. Needs more work (and that other bit of barn board).

DSCN4230

DSCN4236

 

Above the cloud with its shadow is the star with its light. Above all things reverence thyself. ~ Pythagoras

No comments: