Sunday, November 17, 2013

Habitual Nourishment–End of Week 4

Friday: I gave it much thought through the day, and mostly because I wanted a break from cooking (I was getting cranky about it), we had chicken shwarma plates from the takeout place. It was good for about 2 bites, and then the chicken was disgustingly salty and greasy, the sauce and rice were oily. But did I stop? No. I ate and ate until I was ready to burst. We also had a bottle of bubbles with our meal. It was good for a few sips and then the flavour clashed with the greasy garlic of the shwarma. Did I stop? No. I drank my share.

Bother.

There must be another local take out option. Our options are Lebanese or Chinese. No Thai or Vietnamese. So I guess I'd better just get used to cooking day upon day, week upon week...


Saturday I felt sick and nauseous all day. My brother and his kids were coming for lunch so I made a healthy lentil soup with pumpkin and 2lbs of green beans; that was the only thing I was able to eat all day. Lesson learnt? I doubt it...

When friends called for us to drop over for dessert I waffled – then I decided that we’d go and I’d allow myself a tiny piece of the cheese cake she had made, and a glass or two of wine. Well… okay… but I would have been better off without either.

Stepping on the scale Sunday morning for the weekly weigh in proved me right – instead of weight lost this week I actually gained a pound. %&*T^*

That’s no reason to give up, but instead toughens my resolve towards better health.


image

 

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

Oct 20 (0)

21

22

23

24

25

26 (-3)

27

28

29

30

31

Nov 1

2 (-4.5)

3

4

5

6

7

8

9 (-6)

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

  = good day  = a small diversion from Eat to Live   = oh, oh (#) total pounds lost

No comments: