Friday, November 8, 2013

I conquer you Mr. Stuffy Giraffe.

I got my new blender! And it is a doozer. The first thing I tried was “ice-cream” made with a frozen banana, frozen almond milk cubes, 1T coco, and a splash of almond milk. It wasn’t long before I had delicious ice-cream. It had the texture of softserve ice-cream so I put it in the freezer for an hour and it was perfect. It tasted like a rich, decadent treat, but guilt free.

DSCN4163

Tuesday was our last dance class until the new year. The instructor will keep the “studio” open on Tuesdays and Thursdays for those who want to practice and get some extra help – by donation only – we will certainly be taking advantage. I would say, with some certainty, that while we haven’t become good, we have gotten better and sometimes don’t even step on each others toes ;-) I went with “heels” this class to get some real-life practice (after all, I’m hardly going to be wearing flat sneakers at any dance event we go to). It wasn’t too bad, and my feet hurt for only a few hours.

DSCN4164

Wednesday I went shopping to Apple Saddlery with my friend Christina. We had a great time, and while it was weird to be shopping at a tack store, it was nice not to be spending tons of money. There were so many pretty bridles, blankets, and what not that would have been tempting had I still had horses. As it was there were some nice dog coats that I browsed through – luckily I didn’t have any measurements with me so Spike was spared from yet another coat that he hates.

DSCN4173

It was a busy week! Thursday I had a dentist appointment in town (I really must switch to a dentist out here), and then went to a “ladies night” at a local Home Hardware with Trudie and Marie. They had wine, little snacks, and demonstrations of some of their products. We also had a coupon for 10% off. I had in my hand one of those things that make regular water into carbonated water. It was already on sale, and then with 10% off it was a tempting price. Since I don’t drink soft drinks, I thought that having my lemon water carbonated would make it a bit more of a treat. However, the line-up to the cash was almost to the back of the store, so I put it back. Does anyone have one? I’d love to hear your comments.

While we were in town we did a quick stop at Costco (of course, we always seem to need another wack of vegetables). In one of the bins along the isle was a giant stuff toy that opens up into a cushion. Oh it was cute so I badgered Carm into making room for it in our cart. As soon as I brought it into the house and called Spike over to see his new toy, he was jumping and trying to grab it out of my arms. I put it on the floor and laughed to see him drag this huge toy (perhaps bigger than he is), around the room. Too cute.

DSCN4183 DSCN4185

 

Kabira has taken over the toy today though. She curled up on it as soon as I sat down at the computer. I was surprised that she fit on it, but she can curl herself into a ridiculously small ball. 

 

DSCN4192

 

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. ~ Buddha

 

2 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I like the idea of guilt free ice cream:) Always nice when the pets like what you buy for them.

Terri's Pal said...

Kabira and Spike are SO cute with their new toy/bed. Obviously a great gift for them. Like your other photos too.