Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Not Hungry Anymore

We cuddled up under blankets and sipped our tea at a Tuesday afternoon movie showing of The Hunger Games, at Jo Ellen and Don's. The plan is to see the second movie next week, but since Carm and I hadn't seen the first we had our own private showing at their place. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to watch the movie at all - I have a low threshold for violence, and we all know the premise of the movie isn't exactly princesses and princes (or is it?). Even though my normally sedate heart was beating at the walls of my chest, I made it to the end and now can't wait till next week for the second one.

After the movie we drove out to a restaurant where they treated us to a lovely supper. There was a nice looking salad on the menu... but... the classic burger had my name written all over it! Unfortunately I didn't pack my NZ ketchup to dip my fries in.

As we drove to their place this afternoon I felt pretty committed to my diet and even talked to Carm about how serious I felt. I even packed a little cooler in case there was take out. Suddenly though, that commitment just flew out the door, at least for this one meal. I guess that is what it all comes down to - choosing when to deviate and when to stick. I just have to hope that the people around me don't take non-deviation personally.

Big storm in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow - it will surely be another day for cuddling under blankets and maybe even watching a movie. Or reading the new Alice Monro book that I got at Costco.

Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor. ~ Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

No comments: