Saturday, November 23, 2013

pleasure in the pathless woods

Lately I’ve gotten into the habit of doing all my posts in Windows Live Writer (on my laptop), instead of using the program on my tablet. While this makes for nicer formatting, it means that I don’t often write much, or if I do it is saved in a file in Dropbox until I have the right technology in front of me…

I also haven’t had much to write about that isn’t cooking or diet related. I thought I’d separate those posts out by title so it is easy for non-interested parties to skip, but then I don’t end up posting anything for ages! What to do?

Digging back into the Dropbox archives: On Rick Mercer Tuesday night, he spent time on the water with some sailors. But these weren't everyday sailors, they were disabled. A quadriplegic took him out into the bay using "sip and puff" technology to control the boat. The bravery that someone requires to take to the seas with no use of arms or legs just blows me away. I watched him do this and knew that I am not that strong, nor that brave.

We gathered a fairly heavy “dusting” of snow in the last few hours. We went for a little walk to get our blood moving and now that I see the sun is about to come out I may feel energized to get out there again (might).

Or maybe we’ll just put one of the “Lord of the Rings” movies on! Or perhaps just some music and a book will do the trick.

 

There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more. ~ George Byron

No comments: