Sunday, December 8, 2013

Habitual Nourishment – End of Week 7 Already!

The week was a bit more challenging than usual. I don't know if it because I passed the 10lb mark, or maybe 7 weeks is a long time... but I've been having a bit harder time passing up the naughties. We had two outings that involved eating, and I was having a more trouble mentally. I think I have that part back under control now. Bad news at the scale too – no weight lost this week.

Monday night we had supper with friends - everyone ate Chinese takeout, except me - I had leftover roasted vegetables and I'll have to admit that they weren't very good. In the end I had two deep fried shrimp things that were nothing more than a blog of gross deep fried stuff - but I scarfed them down... then there was that bite of birthday cake... and the few glasses of bubbles... little things, but they all add up.

Tuesday wasn't much better. I did manage to resist the popcorn at the movies, but by the time we hit Costco I was starving. Seriously - what was I thinking not bringing a snack - a banana blueberry smoothie for breakfast does not fuel me until past 4pm. A little bag of nuts and dried fruit would have kept me "safe" from the taste test offerings. PLAN AHEAD!!!

By the time we got home I was still starving, but had the sense to aim for the seaweed and raw veggies. Supper though - that is the question. I thought of just saying to heck with it and going for take out (I'm really not in the mood for sweet potatoes & brussels sprouts again), but on further thought that wasn’t really what I wanted. What did I feel like was (you’ll never guess) – A SALAD! So we had a giant salad with chickpeas, pear, pomegranate and pine nuts; and then a bedtime snack of chocolate peanut butter smoothie. All was not lost.

I debated over what colour the day ended up: should it be red because I deviated with the Costco stuff (just a few bites – really!), or yellow because I was close? In the end I decided on green because I didn’t go bad big, and didn’t let those slip ups turn into a red letter supper. Plus it never hurts to have a bit of encouragement.


Wednesday and Thursday had their difficult moments – I was in the mood for carbs – not the healthy vegetable and bean kind, but the flour and sugar kind. Luckily Carm helped me through those moments and both days ended up good.


There are sometimes that it just isn’t possible to stick to the plan. Friday was one of those days. We were going out to eat with friends, and I had a pretty good idea that I’d slip. I couldn’t very well bring my own food to the restaurant... and I’m really not good at choosing just a salad from the menu. As it turned out my choice wasn’t all that bad: enchiladas. They didn’t have a cheesy sauce, and were fairly light. Of course there was tons of salt so I’m up in weight today – but I won’t panic!

I made up for it on Saturday with healthy choices all around.


image

 

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

Oct 20 (0)

21

22

23

24

25

26 (-3)

27

28

29

30

31

Nov 1

2 (-4.5)

3

4

5

6

7

8

9 (-6)

10

11

12

13

14

15

16 (-5)

17

18

19

20

21

22

23 (-8)

24

25

26

27

28

29

30 (-10)

Dec 1

2

3

4

5

6

7 (-10)

             
  = good day  = a small diversion from Eat to Live   = oh, oh (#) total pounds lost

No comments: