Monday, January 20, 2014

Almost Frigid

The days are passing quietly – I’ve almost completely hibernated, but in a contented way. There is a comfortable rhythm to my days: exercising, cooking, and puttering around the house.

I’ve been trying to get on the treadmill more consistently, with variable success. Carm was at his mom’s yesterday so I cued up the soundtrack for Les Miserables, and walked for 90 minutes (which was no small feat for me).

We do have a few minor happenings. Spike has been to the vet about his ear so we are trying some things. The poor guy has no hair left on one ear!

Another excitement? We bought a new fridge! Our current one is 18cf but with all the produce we eat we’ve been having to use the little bar fridge. As it turns out, they now make a deeper model that is 4cf bigger (and that will fit in the same constricted space). It is a bottom freezer model so hopefully we’ll have more luck seeing what’s in the back… We don’t get it for a week, but I’m excited to see how everything organizes. I foresee a trip to the dollar store for some containers to keep things from totally disappearing in the deep depths!

Now it is time to get the sewing machine out to start work on a new outfit for Kabira – this one with an extra layer for the especially cold nights. I have a list of other things I want to sew, but one thing at a time.

 

And finally Winter, with its bitin', whinin' wind, and all the land will be mantled with snow. ~Roy Bean

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

We have a bottom freezer and it is a lot easier to organize the the top models.