Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Finding Nimo, errr, Velcro

DSCN4565

There was a beautiful sunset last night – red clouds with flashes of blue sky. As I sat in the car enjoying it (I was the passenger!), I wondered if animals appreciate the beauty around them, or if we humans were the only ones to appreciate Natures gift?

You probably don’t remember, but several months ago I just about tore the house apart looking for something. I looked for HOURS, but to no avail. Yesterday, I went into the old bird room to look at some work Carm had done in there – I happened to glance down at the little table and… yes… THERE IT WAS!!! I have NO idea why it was there, it was the last place I would have put it. I figure that either we have a poltergeist, or I had it in my hand to put it away and something distracted me. And the crazy thing (as if there were just one!), I can’t even remember what I wanted it for!

Bjorn commented on a post the other day – oh, my NZ post – and mentioned that his 11 year old grandson has started reading Lord of the Rings, in English. Now that might not seem remarkable (although it is a young age to be reading it), but his grandson is Norwegian!

Jo Ellen and Don came by for supper the other night, bearing movies. Both movies were worth watching: Quartet, and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Even Carm enjoyed them, which was something as there was no killing or explosions, and probably no special effects either.

I got a lovely gift from JE&D, beautiful pink tulips. They bring the promise of spring into the house :-)

And speaking of spring, we are having a respite from the frigid cold these last few days. I hope it is enough to melt all the ice from the driveway (which I refuse to walk on), but I really doubt it. We had let a thick layer of snow build up to protect the gravel surface from the snowplough. It is nice not to freeze though.

DSCN4575

 

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

bjosa said...

Hi! The problem with things disappearing and then suddenly reappear in the most unexpected places are common in our house too. My late aunt Ragnhild (Anne Kari's mother) said "Don't bother to look for it, when the Nisse is finished with it he return it." It looks like you may have some Nisse in your house too.