Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kabira is Eight!

Kabira turned 8 yesterday – it seems like just yesterday that we brought her home. She was so little I carried her on my lap. How sweet. She is a loyal friend, quick to play crazy, yet happy to cuddle.

Bella was so happy when we brought Kabira home – she felt that Kabira was her special friend right from the start. They played and played, running around the giant haystack in the backyard. They are still good friends, although there is less play and more cuddling together on the futon.

 2006_0513_kabira_04

One of the games she likes to play is in the evening, after she’s gotten in from her bedtime out, is to run around the house looking for me. I’ve used up all the hiding spots! She was slow to track me down at first, but she has learned how to use her nose to advantage and now I rarely have to wait in my hiding spot.

Every now and again she goes crazy running in the field. She zigs and zags and does about turns in the air. She is something to see.

She is fiercely protective of Spike – woe to anyone who might hurt him.

DSC06408

 

She has a short coat with no undercoat so feels the cold. She loves to have her “outfit” on and will run from anywhere in the house if I ask her if she wants to wear it. Once on she prances around a bit, clearly pleased.

Kabira and Grace have a good relationship. Kabira cleans up under Grace’s cage, sometimes even licking the food from her feet. I’ve only seen Grace bite her a few times - they seem to have an understanding.

She’s a great dog.

 

Kabira-001

Kabira-002

Kabira-013

 

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace. 
~ Milan Kundera

3 comments:

bjosa said...

Give Kabira a big hug from me. I love dogs, and I felt that I was accepted as one in the pack this summer.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

She is still looking good:)

Laura said...

The whole pack, two legged's included!