Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Finally Found It

This morning I remembered that I had been using the blue treat bowl in the kitchen as I had been training Spike there. So… I figured that it had to be in one of the cupboards, and sure enough, there it was, in the cupboard with the placemats and napkins. Logical spot? I have a dim memory of putting it there, thinking at the time that it would be easy to find, and that if I did forget I’d surely run across it eventually… ha.

The sun was shining strongly this morning, but with the temps of –10C;  this afternoon the snow started falling again… so of course the snow on the ground still remains. I wonder where those robins are today? The weather forecast for the weekend forecasts warming up to above zero, so maybe spring will come.

With all the busyness of getting ready for the party, my exercise routine had been put aside… and still is… I’m having trouble finding the energy and motivation to get back at it. Perhaps I need another rest day, and will get back at it tomorrow.

I couldn’t decide on a quote today so included two.

“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

1 comment:

Merikay said...

As we hike in the hot desert, I find it hard to imagine snow.