Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I’m getting too old for this

Yesterday we helped my brother move, and I’ve gotta tell you my back is killing me and everything else is stiff. Carm doesn’t seem too bad, and he did the lions share of carrying heavy stuff (not bad for an __ guy). And my mom… lets just say that she’s amazing. She has tons more energy than I do, and can keep carrying on without a break for a whole day.

The truck was of course handy, but we also had a hand cart tucked in the back of the garage that we remembered about in the nick of time. Being able to carry 3-4 heavy boxes at a time was a godsend – we’d probably still be there if we hadn’t remembered it.

The whole moving process has made me look around my own house and gasp at the amount of work it would take to move us! There would have to be some serious purging before things got placed on a truck… not to worry though – we aren’t going anywhere soon.

It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday, and when we left home I remarked that the grass was starting to green up a bit. When we got home I was surprised by how much greener it was. There are noticeable buds on the trees. The earth is coming to life, no matter what the weather is (the day before it was cold and rainy – not weather to tempt the life out of the earth).

image

 

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I have moved so many times in my life, I can only hope I am finished with that:)