Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring?

Yesterday it was a balmy (hot!) 25C... today it is below freezing and snowing; the forecast is calling for a few days below zero. Blech. It is so miserable that Kabira asked for her "outfit" in the afternoon.

Do you ever go onto Pintrest? It is a site which has hundreds of thousands of ideas for your house, home, cooking, exercise, etc. Seemingly aimed at making you feel dissatisfied with your own life (the stuff about party organizing was totally depressing in its complex, work-intensive, must set the perfect scene, ideas).  I was poking around it the other day, with no particular aim, when Carm commented about how much data I'd been using - Yowzers! For people with a limited data cap (us), Pintrest is a giant bandwidth user. Giant. That quickly curtailed my browsing!

I haven't been working with Spike much on his new trick. We may just give up on it as he doesn't seem keen. This afternoon we were practicing (with fresh hotdog treats - very coveted)... it went well until the door banged a few times, at which point he just walked away. Have I mentioned how much of a chicken he is? I'll have to think of something else to teach him - he does love learning something new... as long as it isn't scary.

For the last few weeks, probably since Carm's party, I have been having trouble motivating myself to eat healthily and keep up with exercise. I'm not sure how to get back to where I was - I felt so great, but now I don't really care. Is it the bad food that is causing a drop in mood? Or a drop in mood that is causing the bad eating? Either way, I've got to get back on track. Help! I know that what I have to do is just MAKE myself do it for a few days... but that MAKE just isn't happening.

We have our third Rumba class tonight. We've actually practiced this week, so we won't look like total clods! We aren't exactly floating on our feet though, and in case you are wondering, my toes do sometimes get stepped on :-o  All in good fun though! I think we learn a twirl tonight - that should have me tripping over my own feet!

Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame!  ~William Butler Yeats

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I thought we were almost at summer here in the FL panhandle, but then tonight it is going down to 37:(