Wednesday, April 23, 2014

the human soul is apt to revive also

I was looking back at last springs blog posts to see if I mentioned anything about the weather. I didn’t say much about it, but I do get the impression that it was nicer than it is this year. Last year we made our first little camp on May 1st. It doesn’t like we will be doing the same this year.

image

I will, however, start getting the camper ready, just in case. I’ll leave the stuff that can freeze till the end, but there is a lot that can be done in the meantime. (my to-do list is seriously long!)

We had our last dance class last night. I think we are starting to get it! We must keep practicing and practicing to cement it into our minds. The teacher talked us into signing up for the next round of classes – we chose an 8 week class with 4 weeks of Cha Cha, followed by 4 weeks of Rumba. Yes, I know it is more Rumba, but we’ll be missing 2 of those classes, and the other two will be a good review!

I’m stealing today’s quote from a blog entry last spring. The weather hasn’t quite stopped teetering between winter and spring, but I feel sure that it will soon. The endless grey skies have slipped my mood into a murky fog, which isn’t normal for me this time of year. Needless to say, I’m anxiously awaiting the beautiful spring so my soul can revive.

 

The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. ~Harriet Ann Jacobs

No comments: