Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Clouds come floating into my life

We are getting ready to head out the door on our trip to Kingston for the Titanium Rally. The weather here has been good for the last week or more, but this morning – cold, cloudy, and chance of rain! However, it seems that it will only get better, I’m hoping they are right, as the days will be sunny, but not overly warm. Perfect for standing around outside talking (with plenty of sun screen of course!).

image

This morning I was startled by a loud thunk on the window by my desk. I looked out to see a stunned Oriole on the deck, and another brightly coloured male nearby. Initially we thought it had broken its neck, but a push from the other bird righted it. It sat for a while, and then the other bird attacked (?) again, this time making it fly a little bit. I took my eyes off the pair, and when I looked back they were both gone. Hopefully the little orange creature is okay.

I wondered if they were fighting? Or was the other one “helping” it get going?

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Even in the animal kingdom, somebody need to provide a helpful push in the right direction:)