Monday, June 2, 2014

Rally Day 5 - more of the same

Dogs were up early because they had their last out so early last night, so at 6am I walked them until they were set to go back to bed... for another 3 hours... for me anyway. Carm's alarm went off at 7am, as he had to leave for another golf day before 8. I rolled over and went back to sleep till 9 - I was EXHAUSTED!

While I was still in bed, and perhaps still asleep, I heard my name being called... maybe they'll think I'm out with the dogs I hoped... I tried to get back to sleep, but it was time to get up. So I walked the dogs (a really short walk), and by the time I was back I heard my name again, for an invite to coffee this morning.

I don't know how many people gathered for coffee this time - there had to be 12 or more. (Carm, see all you are missing by going out golfing!). It was a fun group and coffee hour turned into two (or more).

I just had time for a short rest, before I was getting ready for our turn to host. Eleven (or am I missing anyone) people made it to our site for afternoon cocktails. Even though there wasn't much shade everyone stayed for over two hours.

We had the rest of the afternoon and early evening for supper, and then it was time to lose some blood at the campfire (the mosquitoes are pretty thick at that hour).  Distant lightening drove me back to the camper before Carm. I'm not a big fan of sitting in a big field on a metal chair while there is lightening about. Just doesn't seem smart to me! 

I'm going to have to cut my editor's pay as he isn't showing up on time these days!

As much as I do like my private time, I am going to really miss all these social opportunities when we leave.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

No comments: