Monday, July 28, 2014

A Dog's Perspective

I've been busy writing Spike's journal of his trip last summer. It has been fun to write, and a good exercise in getting first person, and correct tense right. Not to mention trying to capture it in a "dog's" voice. Sometimes a bit challenging.

I've created a new blog ( http://pursuitofspikesmemories.blogspot.ca/) to keep all the chapters together. I posted the first chapter this afternoon. Be forewarned... there are many more to come! I hope you'll let me know what you think, and where I can make improvements.

Today we've been holed up in the camper due to the rain. A young couple came into the site across from us earlier, and my heart goes out to them. I do remember the romance of being stuck in a little tent though ;-)

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes

1 comment:

Merikay said...

I just can't think beig stuck in a tent in the rain as romantic. I like dry.