Thursday, October 9, 2014

The air is wild with leaves

Spike has been languishing on the sofa all day, even having to be encouraged to go outside. We think that he made himself sick by worrying so much when I was gone this morning. I headed out to my writing group first thing this morning. As usual it was a wonderful time - when it came time to read my story though I really didn't want to - I wanted to come back here and do a re-write.

I did read, and I have come back here to re-write. I'll post what I wrote in a day or two.

The wind and rain have kept us inside today - I snuck out into the north wind for 10 minutes in between rain clouds and got dragged around by three dogs sure there were squirrels under every leaf.

<italic>Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!</italic> ~Humbert Wolfe

No comments: