Monday, March 16, 2015

I am smiling next to you

I made myself watch the Juno's Sunday night since I've been out of the music 'scene' for so long and have no idea who the new artists are and which music I might like to add to my mp3 player. It was clear fairly soon into the program that my brain is no longer plastic when it comes to music. There was some music that I could grow to like but how many times will I have to listen to something before it is comfortable like the old tunes I normally hear? The music from my youth has made a cosy home in my head, leaving little room for more modern riffs – I’ll have to get a screwdriver and hollow out some space ;-)  I watched the whole thing… watching all those young kids bounce around the stage a reminder that I was once young too. (seriously, one kid was 16!).

One thing that I should have done given my lousy memory, was take notes so I would know what to buy online!

20150316_143411-st-albert

Today we went somewhere we’ve never been: The Moose Creek Mall. It isn’t as exciting as you might think as there is only half a handful of stores but now we’ve been there!

20150316_163602-dogs

Before we moved to this house, in the spring I’d get it in my head that we needed to move so we’d drive around for miles getting a feel for the land. We retraced some of those tire tracks today.

20150316_143002-st-albert

20150316_142913-st-albert

Along with the trip to Moose Creek was a stop at the St. Albert Cheese Factory for a lookie loo, and oh those hamburgers smell good. The factory burnt down early in 2013 and they have taken the opportunity to erect a pretty fancy building complete with a walk around viewing platform over the factory floor. Oh, and a little cafeteria to get a (not so) light lunch.

While in the car we listened to Silent Lucidity and I remembered that I had done a post about the song a long time ago – and so I had: Feb 2011.

20150316_163450-dogs

I will be watching over you
I am gonna help you see it through
I will protect you in the night
I am smiling next to you, in silent lucidity

~Queensrÿche

No comments: