Monday, April 6, 2015

Can you guess?

Sunday night we watched our traditional Easter movie - I'll include a few quotes to see if you can guess!

The Lord of Hosts will do battle for us. Behold His mighty hand.
God opens the sea with the blast of his nostrils.
Are her lips chafed and dry as the desert sand, or are they moist and red like a pomegranate?
He cannot cool the burning kiss of thirst upon his lips nor shade the scorching fury of the sun.
He is driven forward, always forward, by a god unknown, toward a land unseen... into the molten wilderness of sin, where granite sentinels stand as towers of living death to bar his way.

The 1956 epic 'The Ten Commandments' might be the most mellow-dramatic, over-the-top, corny movie ever written. Every line spoken makes me gasp with suppressed laughter. It's not that each line is without merit, but strung together, with every single line more dramatic than the next it becomes a parody. If I were to say I have a favourite movie, this might be it.

Easter Monday: cloudy, 0C with snow in the afternoon. What the He%%.

We were across the creek at our neighbour's this afternoon - I would have liked to bring my camera to get photos of our property from another angle, but with the heavyish snow I left it safely indoors. bah.

Terry, our neighbour, said there is a huge flock of wild turkey's at the back of his farm - he sees them flying over the tall trees before going to roost at night. I'd love to see that!

WKRP "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

No comments: