Sunday, August 23, 2015

they recede on the plain

Yesterday's fun didn't end at sunset - we joined Jill and Dave for a farewell campfire.  With the fire flickering in the foreground, the lake spread out in front of us like an ocean, the moon lighting a path to the horizon on the gently rippling water. Stars were strewn like diamonds in the black velvet sky. I took a few photos, but as you can see they are a bit blurry - I'll blame that on my shaky hands - I forgot to bring my little gorilla tripod.


This morning was much like yesterday with a light breeze and beautiful sun - it was near perfect.  I did go out for a short walk instead of being so lazy and going back to bed after taking the dogs out. I'll need a nap this afternoon as Mr. Naughty had to go out at just past 7am. I can pretty much count on 11 hour of peace, so I have to try harder to get them out later in the evening.

There were a few watery eyes this afternoon as we bid adieu to Jill and Dave. We will be sure to keep in touch and hopefully we'll met up again next summer… unless we are in Alberta! Carm was on his way into town when he spied Tom at the dump station so good-bye's were bandied about again. We meet some real fine people when camping - especially here.



What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? - it's the too-huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.  ~ Jack Kerouac

No comments: