Friday, September 11, 2015

two more sleeps

Only two more sleeps left… already my mood has been dropping. It started a few days ago with tiny ripples of irritation and anxiety that spread between my shoulder blades. It kept getting worse as the departure date getting nearer. This morning I was almost in a rage with the dogs, nearly weeping with emotion. I kept myself from sitting on a rock by the water and giving in. Not helpful. Instead, I went back to the camper, took some emergency meds and went back to bed for a few hours. Did it help? Somewhat.

Since there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, we got a head start on putting things away. First the shade tent was neatly inserted into its bag and tucked into its berth. Then the round side table, followed by an assortment of odds and ends. The big things like the fence will be saved for Sunday morning.

Then we went for what might be our last swim. The water was warm and crystal clear and sparkly in the sun. There wasn't much wave,  not enough to have fun on the noodle, but it did splash over my face when I tried to float on my back. I wished that I had a water camera.

I can't believe it is almost over. But what I have to remember is to take each day as it comes and not anticipate how I might feel in a few days. No point in wrecking the few days that are left. This is easier said than done.

No comments: