Monday, January 11, 2016

no pinktastraphy

With the only vaseline in sight safely corralled in its container, I unearthed the accoutrements from the drawer. The bright pink jar of dye was set on a towel on the bathroom counter, with comb, shower caps and the rest of the implements required for the magical sleight of hand nearby. Everything else was stored away from any pink mishaps.

Carm was on hand to help with any pinktastraphies (there were none), so I got to work, swirling gobs of paste into a little section of my hair. All went well and I sat about to wait for the unveiling. Thirty minutes have never seemed so long, but finally the moment was at hand. It worked!

Crazy! And perhaps a little childish, but hey, one of the things I am going to work on this year is bringing less adult and more child to my life. I read a blog post (which I lost - dooh) about New Year traditions. What this guy did is sit down (with a bottle of booze, but that's neither here nor there), and write down things that he'd like to do in the upcoming year. Including things that will make him a better person or that might change his life. He gave a few examples and then I quickly opened a notepad and started my own list. It has the usual stuff which is pretty cliche, but near the top is "laugh more - watch funny movies or programs, read funny books, be goofy". This is one area of my life that I feel needs the most improvement. I used to be goofy and laugh more, then my illness struck and either it or all the meds sucked the funny out of my life. I like funny, and maybe if I work hard on this I can recapture some of the zany. Carm doesn't help as he may be more serious than I am (he claims he isn’t, which means that I must be pretty darn serious). So we'll both have to work on it. We can do it together, while practicing the rumba.


"There's only one true superpower amongst human beings, and that is being funny. People treat you differently if you can make them laugh."  ~Jeff Garlin

No comments: