Wednesday, April 20, 2016

new toys

It has been an exciting last few days. It all started on Saturday when we put the slides out on the camper, a sign that spring really is here. We quickly did some basic cleaning and made the bed - just enough done so that when we go into it we can feel like we are home. To complete the busy day we had Cathey over for a visit.

Sunday, Carm went to visit his mom while I chilled and puttered around the house. We planned to have supper in the camper but got an invitation from Trudie to join them for supper. Of course I didn't turn her down!

I don't remember what we did on Monday - my brain is still not operating at peak performance (not even close!). Oh, wait. We met with Pat, a retired lady who does pet sitting for friends

Tuesday we drove to a nearby town for some groceries and to pick up some wicked KFC for our supper. Finally the weather cooperated again and we were able to christen the camper for 2016. With some music on the stereo and supper on the table, we enjoyed an evening without TV. I had forgotten over the winter how much I love being in our little villetta.

That brings us to today, a day full of wonderful treats and excitements. First thing this morning I sent 3 photos of Spike to Frank, an artist. He's going to do a painting of Mr. Naughty. I am so excited about this that I dreamt about it all night. I can hardly wait to see the first brush strokes.

Later in the morning the brown UPS truck drove down our laneway. The smartphone had arrived!!! For those of you that know me, you know that I'm a gadgeteer but common sense and adherence to an actual requirement had kept us from getting one. Now, finally, we've thrown good sense out the window. The giant one plus two phone is charging, but still we managed to get it partially set up and even got some of my apps installed onto it. I can't wait to get my hands on it for real!

I even added this sentence with the crazy little keyboard.

No comments: