Wednesday, June 29, 2016

our link to parardise

The dogs are all spiffed up with fresh haircuts and I'm wondering if I should get mine done as well. We all want to look our best for my sister's arrival. Actually, I don't think the dogs really cared but they will be cooler. Bella has a few more lumps on her, a sure sign of aging. Nothing alarming though, they all feel like fatty lipomas.

I sometimes wonder how I can get so little done in one day - yesterday was one of those days that I hardly moved. I did walk to the other end of the property to release a trapped chipmunk, and I did help Carm fix up the mailbox. Canada Post got us to move our box a few years ago and specified the height and distance from the road. It seems they want it a different height now. So we got some tools and a chunk of wood to make the necessary (?) adjustments. I wonder how long they'll be happy with this configuration… They are subtly putting on pressure to move to the post office in the village, but it is a few km away so it would mean driving there everyday to pickup mail. We'll hold out as long as we can.

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”
~Milan Kundera

No comments: