Saturday, July 9, 2016

First days of our visit

The days are speeding by like an out of control locomotive. There is just a week and a half to go with Kirsten and the girls in town and I don't feel that I'm making the best use of my time. Yesterday (Friday) my head was too bleary when I woke up to get out of the house in time to join them at the Experimental Farm, but let me tell you, I regreted that I didn't make more of an effort. Today they are off to Montreal to visit my brother, so that's another day lost. I can't let many more days slip by.

Now for a blow by blow of the last several days.

Tuesday I went into my parents in the morning in time to do something (and I can't for the life of me remember what we did during the day). Tuesday late afternoon Kirsten came out to our place and stayed the night.

Wednesday everyone came out to our place for an afternoon in the sun and pool. It was another hot day - these NZ folks are getting a real taste of summer! Before the swim we went to St. Albert for poutine.


Thursday was picnic day at Mer Bleu, a local conservation area. It was hot, sweltering hot, and the walk down the boardwalk thru the bog nearly melted me.

Friday we've already covered, and today I'm house bound as it is pouring rain. We desperatly need the rain for the crops - everything is looking limp and stressed. Hopefully the moisture is not too late to help.

This has been a pretty lame recount. I can't seem to remember much of what has transpired!

There is a comfort in the strength of love; 'Twill make a thing endurable, which else would overset the brain, or break the heart.”
~William Wordsworth

No comments: