Tuesday, July 5, 2016

sister and nieces together

Kirsten and Nissa arrived safely on Saturday night (really Sun morning as it was past 1am). I wasn't at the airport to greet them - I figured it would be better to get off on the right foot with a proper nights sleep, and as it was my head was still sleepy when I got to my parents house the next morning.

Nissa had grown up lots since I last saw her, but Kirsten looked the same. (I know I don't as I've gained 20 pounds since we last saw each other… )

The family sat around the kitchen table catching up on news and reacquainting ourselves, then it was off to Apple Saddlery for a browse. After a pit stop back at my parents, we all went to visit Kenda, the girls’ other aunt, with the exception of Nissa and I - we went for a walk and hung out at a park bench until the visit was over. Nissa has a cold and we don't want to risk Kenda catching it.

Back at my parent’s, my dad made a great supper for us all. We girls went for a walk and soon it was time for bed - I rolled out a comforter on the living room sofa, my usual place for a sleepover.

Monday was more visiting, and shopping. Even my dad came out for some of the shopping excursion, until he couldn't handle anymore Old Navy ;-)  The rest of us went to Dairy Queen for lunch - blizzards of course - then Mom dropped Kirsten and Shenna off at Kenda's. Soon we were back to my parent's place and I was in my own car heading for home.

Whew! It is lovely to have them here and I feel certain that I won't get my fill before the visit is over.

Early summer days are a jubilee time for birds. In the fields, around the house, in the barn, in the woods, in the swamp - everywhere love and songs and nests and eggs.”
~E.B. White

No comments: