Friday, September 9, 2016

summer is still hanging on

It seems unbelievable, but after just one day of drizzly rain we are back to hot summer temperatures again. I was in the pool this afternoon and with the water at a comfortable 76F I even brought in a pool noodle for some float time. Bliss. Especially after a few hours of running back and forth to the camper, not to mention ages spent in the stifling hot confines of the camper. I've loaded a bunch of stuff and have the first rinse of the fresh water tank done. Tomorrow I'll vacuum and load much of the rest. Now I'm in the relatively cool house cooking Asian rice to freeze for our trip.

I like to cook some things ahead of time. Anything that requires lots of running water or fussy prep is easier done in my giant kitchen with no limit on the amount of water that goes down the drain. Plus it makes it more likely that we'll stick to healthy eating (fewer lazy trips for take-out… maybe). I have a weightloss goal for the next few trips which will be a challenge. Camping is a vacation for us and we tend to use it as an excuse for excess.

We had a lovely supper at Jo Ellen and Don's last night. Greek food was on the menu (a bloated yum!), but best of all we surfed the internet looking for fun trips to take. Nothing cast in stone yet, but there were a few temptations. 😸

I finally got a chance to drive the car :-)  It handles well and feels good to drive. I like the tight to the road feeling that it has, even though it has a higher clearance than most cars. Our last two Subarus were good in the snow and I have no doubt that this one will be a tank as well. I love the keyless entry/start. No more fussing with keys (except to get in and out of the house… I wonder if there are keyless house door knobs?). I wonder how it will work in the snow - I assume that they've thought of this.

“In the summer heat the reapers say, “We have seen her dancing with the autumn leaves, and we saw a drift of snow in her hair.”  ~Kahlil Gibran

No comments: