Wednesday, October 5, 2016

lazy day of summer

The stars glittered in the dark night sky. With each exhale a cloud of fog obscured my vision for a moment and then the milky way would reappear filling me with wonder.  I may complain about it sometimes, but the forced outings with the dogs reveal all sorts of wonders that my lazy self would not otherwise see.

I just discovered that one of the tops I bought at the thrift store is brand-new, tags still on. Original retail price: $29.50. Sale price $3.00. I love bargains like this!

It is another wonderful day. Sun is shining, a few puffy white clouds in the sky, warm (no, make that hot). Giant bees buzz around our herb gardens. A little grasshopper suns itself on the arm of the chair next to me. The awning is out, gently luffing in the breeze. It is a lazy day, aside from a 20 min walk, then a 45 min walk, and another shorter one with Spike to practice on the Flexi lead. A trip to the shower was the centre point of my day.

You may sometimes notice that the tense changes all over the place as you read through a post. It is generally because I write a bit in present tense, go on to do other things in my day, come back to present tense again. Sometimes I go back and fix the first bit up into past tense, but often I leave it. Stream of consciousness is my style :-o

"Each golden day was cherished to the full, for one had the feeling that each must be the last. Tomorrow it would be winter.”   ~Elizabeth Enright

No comments: