Saturday, November 12, 2016

the leaves dead are driven

It is one of those lovely afternoons when Carm is visiting his mom, leaving me to the peace of the house. Not that I don’t like him around. I've got some Leonard Cohen playing and Grace is whistling along. She doesn't seem to think it is dirge music, but I have to disagree with her. I'm waiting for one of my favorites to come on: 'Joan of Arc' never fails to make me weep but the poetry is so beautiful that I listen to it over and over again.

I haven't just been sitting and listening though, I've been on a quest. A never-ending quest, one that I started a few months ago. I started looking for the red box my phone came in a few months ago. I looked high and low for this distinctive package. Up and down and it seemed like I looked in every nook and cranny. I knew it was in the house somewhere - there hasn't been a box that has passed the threshold that has been thrown out. I drove myself crazy to no avail.

A few weeks ago I started looking for a pair of pink headphones. They weren't with the others. They weren't in the box of wires, chargers and what not that go into the camper. They are not to be found. I've looked all over the house, in every drawer and cupboard that I can think of… multiple times. I've wracked my brain till I got a headache. I've tried just letting it come to me. Nope. I've started looking inside pots and all sorts of places that are not logical. Guess what I found. The red box. It was in a dresser, at the back of a drawer with a paper on top of it.  I feel like I'm going insane. I probably put it somewhere during a manic phase and therefore have no real memory. But I've looked everywhere, except where it is.

My other anguish today is that my tablet is acting funny. Not funny 'ha ha' but funny sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I use this darn thing everyday. I NEED it. Asus has not made an upgrade. Google has something similar but it is mega pricey. I don't know what I'd do if it crapped out.

If only I could send Spike on a ‘find it’ task…

“O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being.
Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing."
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments: