Saturday, January 21, 2017

nature rages

Yesterday the sun didn’t even peek out from the racing clouds for even a minute but I had a fantastic time. We puttered around the house, visited with one of Kirsten’s friends, and did a short walk partway up the hill.

I started up the hill with Kirsten but my legs were like rubber and I knew I’d have trouble going back down the mountain, so I let Kirsten go on ahead and I side stepped my way down the steep part.

Somehow the day whizzed away and it was past 5pm when we got back in the house.         

Today (Sunday), I woke up to the sound of the wind shaking the trailer. At times it felt like a hand was giving it a bit of a shove as well. I was warm and cozy under the thick down comforter. It took a great deal of effort but I eventually made it into the house, grateful for the cup of coffee Kirsten had ready for me.


Mid/late morning we drove down the Takaraw Gorge road to take Shenna for a job interview. I chewed gum which helped me cope with the wildly windy narrow road that we careened on. Arriving in one piece, Shenna ran off to her interview while Kirsten, Nissa and I waited in the attached cafe, nursing some soy lattes, holding onto our appetites until Shenna was finished. The cafe served a fantastic breakfast (I had eggs benedict) that we dawdled over.

We took a route through town to get back home, straighter (so my stomach held out). A stop at the grocery store(s) left us fully provisioned for another meal, as well as a few bottles of cider as a treat.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

The rain poured sideways for much of the day so we spent the remainder of the afternoon watching programs on TV, drinking tea, and eating popcorn. Cosy and warm with family while Nature rages.

No comments: