Tuesday, May 30, 2017

trust and pixie dust

When I opened my eyes this morning I could see little bits of blue sky through the half moon window. By the time I dragged myself up clouds had moved in, obliterating any hope of a sunny day. Still, I couldn’t use that as an excuse to drop back onto the mattress…

As soon as my coffee was brewed I checked my lists – yes, multiple lists – to see what had to be done today. I was half way into my coffee before I had it all worked out.

Carm was visiting his mom and doing some grocery shopping so I shuffled his tasks to tomorrows lists and then got busy. Dog water, stuff for the freezer, golf clothes, computer, pick mint for mojitos, tonic water for g&t’s, blah, blah, blah. I was in and out of the house all day.

I did do some stuff on my wablet, including testing the Mobidb database software that I downloaded yesterday. It is the same software that I have on my android tablet so I’ll do double entry of my daily log for several days to make sure it is working properly. Unfortunately, I can’t get the two devices to sync over Google drive. It is a feature, but I can’t be bothered to send in a error log just yet.

I clipped the dog’s faces yesterday and had to use my #30 blade, which is a really short cut… unfortunately I gave them both a bit of clipper burn – I feel terrible!!! I’ll be doing their nails this afternoon and am sure to nab one of them – it’s a wonder they don’t bite me but somehow the dear creatures still trust.

Bees are making music around the flowering honeysuckle.


All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.”
J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

No comments: