Wednesday, June 21, 2017

in any weather

With a quiet groan I rolled over to look at the clock. 12:30 am: summer. I thought of getting up and going outside to do a celebratory dance, but rolled over, turning my back on the clock, and went back to sleep. It could wait until morning.

I didn’t actually dance, instead I buried my nose in what is left of the peonies. We’ve had rain on and off the last few days and it has battered the lovelies. Petals lie in heaps. If only there was something that I could do with them. I thought of floating them in my bath but the idea of ants is off-putting. Plus I figure fishing them all out at the end would seriously put a damper on the mood.

20170621_722

I’m out on the swing, at least for now. The hot weather has broken, leaving us with wind chill. It is a mix of sun and cloud – I wouldn’t mind being in the sun but the swing is firmly set in the shade.

20170621_727

I’m in reorg mode (a bit) – what should I do with my wedding dress? It was cleaned and then stored in a special box so should be in good shape, but I can’t see any of my family wanting to wear it (it isn’t heirloom quality). I’ve scoured the internet looking for consignment shops with no luck. Should I just send it to Salvation Army?

20170621_739


“In any weather, at any hour of the day or night, I have been anxious to improve the nick of time, and notch it on my stick too; to stand on the meeting of two eternities, the past and the future, which is precisely the present moment; to toe that line.”
~Henry David Thoreau

No comments: