Sunday, July 23, 2017

frustrates the intellect

Just hit the dam% ball! Yes, we are watching the British Open and Jordan Spieth has hit a bad drive, declared an unplayable lie and is futzing around trying to find a place to drop… omg - I can’t believe I know all that. I guess stuff rubbed off on me after 30 years of watching golf.

The rain is holding off… fingers crossed because it is overcast and cold.

Venison is not vegan but gosh it was tasty. We had supper at Trudie & Leo’s and since Leo is an intrepid hunter we ate some of his prey. You might think that I’d be anti hunting with my love for animals, but actually, I feel that an animal that has lived a natural life and is suddenly killed is more humane than one raised for meat in a feedlot and then trucked to the killer’s.


Tried to take a walk in the field tonight but the mosquitoes drove us inside.

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” ~Arnold Palmer

No comments: