Monday, October 30, 2017

flying bbq

I was just barely awake when the first woof popped my eyes open. Spike. Then Bella joined in. What on earth were they barking at? Carm was with them in the living room getting ready to let them outside when the ruckus started so I figured he had it in hand, then, from the living room I heard Carm shout out “the wind knocked the bbq over, and blew a barrel out from the barn.” Gosh, I knew it had been windy, not to mention that there had been driving rain, but to blow something that big and heavy over!

A look out the window confirmed the amount of rain we’d received: the creek and river were in full flood. The rain had lessened, but the wind still wailed.

We huddled inside for much of the day, except for a few walks with the dogs for me, and pool management for Carm. And of course there was that bbq to un-topple. I was happy with our well-made house and a warm pinkish sweater to keep me warm.  I was pretty lazy for much of the day, but did get onto the treadmill for 27 minutes today (5 more than yesterday and for 1 ½ miles).

A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.”
~e. e. cummings

No comments: