Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Green Papaya

How the heck did he remember my name… it had been almost 7 years since I last placed an order.

Let me backtrack a few years. When I still worked there was a restaurant across the street called the Green Papaya. They made the best Thai food and since they were always packed they started offering take out. Every monday morning I’d pry myself out of bed (at 5am some prying is required) with the promise of Pad Ki Mao for lunch. The spicy hot noodle dish was a favorite. I’d place my order over the phone so it would be ready when I got there and then in ecstasy eat it at my desk. When we were leaving to go camping after work I’d pick up a double order to have as our first night’s supper. Carm loved it too.

The downtown location was tricky to get to once we retired, and it closed a few years ago due to construction of the transit way. One day we were driving near the place Carm’s mother lives and there was a new location! We finally got a chance to try it yesterday and weren’t disappointed. While this might seem like a good thing, I suspect that we will be lunching there often, which isn’t good for the diet.

I haven’t talked about the weather for a while. Aside from the last two days it has been fantastic. With sunny skies and temps in the high teens, low 20s it has been an extension of summer. Even today there are mixed skies and it is warm enough to go out with just a light sweater.

Carm is golfing today.

No comments: