Sunday, October 29, 2017

I believe in pink

It’s raining, and with 50-100mm in the forecast for the next 24 hours it will be raining a lot. That’s okay though. I have a roof over my head and the furnace works. The dogs may have something else to say though - they don’t like the rain so trips out are cut short with no long walks into the field. All three are cuddled on the futon, asleep for the most part, but looking out the window the rest of the time.

Last night we had a great time at the Acapulco’s Halloween party. I dyed my hair pink and wore some black see-through clothes and went as a hooker, Carm went as himself as he refuses to dress up. Honestly though, our dress-up clothes went to the thrift store last spring when I did a big cleanup of the closet, so there wasn’t much for him to chose from.




My pink hair came out okay. I used a semi-permanent dye which in the past has only lasted a week in my hair but with my luck I’ll probably be a pinkie for a month.

Today I did 22 minutes on the treadmill (1.25 miles), made a double batch of hummus, did a quick re-arrange of the freezer, and still had energy leftover. I thought of getting on the treadmill again but decided not to overdo it. Especially with my change in drugs I have to guard against hypo-mania and giving into these rushes of energy can be troublesome.



“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. “
~Audrey Hepburn

No comments: