Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Priscilla Queen of the Road

It took me a minute to realize the sound of talking was coming right outside the camper. A peek through the window revealed a lady talking to Grace. I thought she was from the motorhome across the way from us. I put down my tablet and went outside to say hello.

Priscilla (as I was to find out a few minutes later) was obviously an animal lover and had lots of questions about Grace, and then the dogs. Her own little dog, a Tibetan spaniel, is 16 and starting to slow down. We smiled and laughed with each other for a while, the conversation warm and cheerful.

As the conversation moved forward I noticed a lack of ‘we’ in her conversation and was finally rude enough to ask. Yes, she was travelling on her own. I took a good hard look at her and tried to figure out how old she is. I wasn’t sure but figured late 70s, early 80s. I was impressed. It is so rare that we meet a woman travelling on their own, but one who walks with a cane - I’m inspired.

She eventually took her leave and we could see her on a stool washing the huge front window on her RV. Gosh.

The weather has taken a turn: clouds obscure the sun and have been spitting a bit of rain at us, not full-fledged rain… yet.

“I don't believe in aging. I believe in forever altering one's aspect to the sun. ”
~Virginia Woolf

No comments: