Sunday, October 8, 2017

sweet flower of love

My weary head is resting against the cushion propped up at the end of the sofa. I’m tired but happy.

Carm left me to play golf on Friday so I had a quiet day of house-keeping and rest in prep for my Mom’s visit. She arrived late Friday afternoon with plenty of time to visit while we waited for Carm to get home so we could go to the Acapulco for supper. We wanted to treat Mom to the great food and hospitality of our ‘local’. I think she enjoyed the whole experience.


Saturday morning Carm left to play cards, leaving Mom and I for a 24 hour extravaganza of visiting. We had a great time with lots of walks, healthy meals (I subjected Mom to a vegan supper with under-cooked brussels sprouts), laughter, and serious conversations. It was lovely.


Sunday morning we lost power, so skipped out to McDonald's for coffee and breakfast (thanks Mom). Then we headed over to the giant flea market to poke around for a bit. Carm met up with us there.

We left Mom at the flea market and came back to camp just in time for the power to be restored. That second cup of coffee was just what the doctor ordered, though it didn’t do the job of really waking me up.


The roads are wet from the overnight rain so I’ve been keeping to the grass and the pine needle covered roads. Everything else is a mucky mess. There are lots of dogs here so every walk is a training opportunity for Spike. He is, and will probably always be, a work in progress. He gets so worked up with other dogs - it drives me crazy.



Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. “
~Stevie Wonder

No comments: