Wednesday, October 18, 2017

unloading: day 2

Bin after bin of stuff from the camper is threatening to overwhelm the house. Unused canned goods, pasta that we bought on sale, spices and sauces, dried beans and rice… and that’s just the food. Extra dishes, dog food and treats, dvds, books, clothes, bathroom stuff, cleaners, and anything else that might freeze or we might need over the winter still has to come in.

The 8’ harvest table in the great room is stacked and I wonder where it will all go. I feel anxious and depressed at the mess. Not to mention exhausted. I have to rest between trips.

At least the weather is nice! It is sunny with just a bit of wind. We could actually use the gale force winds of yesterday to keep away those darn Asian beetles. I can hear them bumping against the windows and some sneak into the camper each time I open the door.

Eventually the orange beetles put an end to my chore: too many were whooshing in each time I opened the door.

Now to figure out supper. I had a giant stack of pancakes for brunch so should stick with celery!

“I tend not to trust people who live in very tidy houses. I know that on the surface there is nothing wrong with a person being well-ordered and disciplined. Nothing, except that it leaves the impression of that person having lived in the confines of a stark institution which, although he or she has long since left, remains within.” ~Jack Dee

No comments: