Friday, November 24, 2017

Some more testing and already packed

I've exceeded my past performance and am now already packed... we don't leave until next week. What will I do to burn off the excitement or channel the anxiety? There are some things that I can't work ahead on: dusting and vacuuming have to wait till closer to leaving time. Pat's room is all ready for her, clean sheets and fresh towels await. I've been gradually making up containers of Grace's favorite foods to have in the freezer (which reminds me, I should make up some kraft dinner for her.)


The blog writing tool that I downloaded is a little awkward. You enter the contents in sections, each of which can have one or more photos at the top. Sections can't be re-arranged or re-ordered so I'll have to do a bit of advance planning when I sit down to write. I pretty much just blurb everything out though. It will take some getting  used to.

Hopefully, all in all, it works better than my old method which was to write in Google Docs, edit the photos to resize, back in Google Docs I would insert the photos, then I would copy and paste the whole shebang into Blogger and publish. It worked okay, but the photos ended up small in the printed copy of my blog. And it was a lot of steps.

This lets me add the photos without editing them, but I won't know how they print until into the new year.

Also, the old method wouldn't post the photos on the slow internet of the ship. I have high hopes for this app to work better. In a few days we'll know! And if it doesn't work I'll have to jump through some hoops when I get home.


It is above zero today, but the thick clouds and blustery wind make it slightly unpleasant. I did get the dogs out a few times though.


We had a lovely supper at my parents last night, visiting with my cousin Pam and her husband Ron. I don't know her very well as she lives on the west coast and her's was a branch of the family that we rarely visited. It was great to reconnect with her.


The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.” 
― Arthur C. Clarke


No comments: