Tuesday, December 5, 2017

St. Thomas a bit of shopping

We are in hot and sunny St. Thomas. We took a stroll around the shopping area near the port - I was on the hunt for the bracelet that I didn't buy last year. I think I found it, or at least a close facsimile. Happy me :-)

After our little walk we came back to the ship for some pool time. A Santana concert was playing on the giant screen by the pool so it was very pleasant to lounge and listen to the music.


More eating... oh my big belly! I'm pretty sure I'm gaining weight despite the hundreds of stairs we are doing. We are even taking the stairs to the 16th floor most times.

Happy hour... Pina Colada for Jo Ellen again. She's making me drink too much!

Supper... tenderloin and huge shrimp for the main course. Delicious. I'm really getting into this dining room thing. The food is better than the buffet and the service is impecable. White linens and silver cutlery make for a luxurious experience.

After supper we found seats and watched people ballroom dancing. We made a pact that we'll practice before our next cruise - we've made the same pact before though.

Unfortunately we left too late for the theater so couldn't get seats together. The show was a comedian who was pretty funny. I sat next to a jeweler who pointed out that my bracelet was pao shell and not blue opal. Well dumb me. As soon as he said it I knew he was right. Oh well, I have a nice necklace anyway and as a bonus it matches a few of my necklaces. The bad thing is I paid way too much... must put that out of my head.

We had cheese and crackers back in our room and then it was bedtime.

A good day.


No comments: