Saturday, December 30, 2017

the march toward 2018

Usually when the thermometer reads -21C the sky is blue and we are treated to a blazing sun - well, as much as a sun can blaze in December when there is an icy chill…  Not today though. The sky and earth blend into each other with a smudge of grey, a light snow is falling, and it looks like an ice fog is adding another layer of gloom. I am snug in our house and have barely even stuck my nose out the door.

Today the preparations for New Years Eve start: a bit of cooking to get ahead of the game; and the most difficult, clear out the 3rd ‘bedroom/clothes drying/catch all junk room’ so that someone can use the hide-a-bed tomorrow night. I’ve looked at it a few times and have cringed away… I think I need at least one more coffee before I can move even one thing.

It’s now 4pm… I’ve made 3 things that required onions and/or mushrooms and even got into the room for some organizing. It’s not pretty with vases of flowers and beautiful linens, but it will do the trick for an overnight. I have far too much stuff with not enough places to store it so it is still in piles in the corners of the room.

I even made it outside for a few minutes this afternoon.

“What do you need in the New Year? You need a dream; your dream needs an action; and your action needs right thinking! Without right thinking, you can have only unrealised dreams!”
~Mehmet Murat ildan

No comments: