Wednesday, March 28, 2018

heating it up

My resolution to write everyday didn’t last long. Again, I have let the days slip by with nary a comment. They’ve been good days too. Although I will make a small complaint about the cardinal that is waking us up at 6:30 am… I feel exhausted and barely able to function. We’ve tried some things to scare it away but no luck so far.

The new stove got a workout on Saturday. Roast beef and yorkshire pudding on New Year's Eve is what triggered the purchase of our new stove, so it was with bated breath that I put the yorkshire batter into the oven. In at 400 for 20 minutes, then temp reduced to 350 for 10 or 15 more minutes and it was perfect! The roast beef turned out well too - instead of bringing it out at 142F, it was removed at 138F, covered, and left to rest while the yorkshire cooked. Oh my… swoon. I love pink prime rib!

Monday we dashed into the mall for me to change my nail polish, and then went to Jo Ellen and Don’s for a lovely bean soup.

Tuesday, Carm’s birthday, we went to Ikea for a lookie-loo, the accountant’s for pre tax meeting, the Works for a juicy burger, home for a rest, then over to Vashek & Marie’s for a birthday supper. All in all a wonderful day.

Today I’m doing some pre-final travel activities: charging the camera, clearing of the camera data card in anticipation of another set of Caribbean blue ocean photos, getting jackets arranged… Tomorrow I get a manicure so I’ll be protecting my nails from any bangs or nicks.

Spike has his DAP collar on - he’s been fairly quiet but that might just be the norm for a cloudy day.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
~Marcel Proust

No comments: