Thursday, March 22, 2018

I want to taste and glory in each day

Another sunny day! And yesterday was nice too, although the temps haven’t made it much past 2C. It is trending up though. I wonder why we decided that April was the time to go away? These can be the most glorious days as the earth sheds its wintery shroud and slowly comes awake. Crocuses will soon be poking their noses through the sun warmed earth (assuming the snow eventually goes away - still lots on the ground).

The strange thing about spring though is it is the time when I am most likely to get depressed. I can’t figure out why. The sun is coming back, summer is around the corner, camping season is nearing - all this somehow overwhelms me.

Yesterday I spent a lovely afternoon toddling around the mall with my Mom. I tried on enough clothes to feel thoroughly sickened, we ate Cinnabuns to make us feel happy again, and had a great time. Mom is so much more fun to shop with than Carm! Especially for clothes…

My new black dress pants have had a trial run: first night curled on the sofa, second night supper with Jo Ellen and Don including some sofa curling, third day shopping. They do bag at the knee a little bit after all that abuse, but are supremely comfortable. Now I have to decide if I’ll bring them on our trip… I have everything already planned out and don’t really need another pair of black pants, but the ones I am bringing are palazzo pants (wide leg), and these have a more flattering narrow leg. I’m driving myself crazy… maybe I’ll decide when we weight the suitcase

:-0

You must all be pretty certain that I have gone ‘mad’ and perhaps you are right. I’m having a fair amount of anxiety about this trip and find that distracting myself with the small details helps to calm my mind. I sort of wonder if the vacation is worth it...

I wasn’t there to witness it, but apparently Spike was a tail hair away from catching a black squirrel. Luckily for Mr. Rodent who eats all the bird food, Spike did not continue the chase after he snuck under the fence. The puffy poodle almost triumphs!

“I want to taste and glory in each day, and never be afraid to experience pain; and never shut myself up in a numb core of nonfeeling, or stop questioning and criticizing life and take the easy way out. To learn and think: to think and live; to live and learn: this always, with new insight, new understanding, and new love.”
― Sylvia Plath

No comments: